Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, November 13, 2006

Grey thoughts for a grey day

The day is made of greyness
Its belly is full of grey--
From the outside of my window
To the outside of
My heart.
It is settling over the tops of the mountains in thick swaths of gathered humidity.
It is pressing outward from the thoughts I cultivate and coddle.
The greyness of my heart beating has pressed out into the world and filled it with this color.
The sky tries to give light
But
The world won’t let it in.
And my soul is winning this battle for the canvas of the world.

(Grey Me). Posted by Picasa
My soul is expanding and will not always be grey.
There aren’t any more questions
The answers have already been given
Home.
Is too far.
Home.
Will never be again.
Letting go is impossible,
Wrenching,
Writhing.

*********

I wrote that yesterday and decided it could be posted.
There are changes on the horizon.

I wish I could swallow a rainbow--
an anitdote for this greyness which has permeated me.
Instead, I stand like a deer in headlights.
Afraid of this, afraid of that.
I am a lucky star, though.


Desperately seeking beauty sleep... Posted by Picasa
HNT, anyone?

|