Lucky, Lucky Star

Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday the not-13th

What?
Ok, so I am in the mood to do a little house cleaning.
No, not the french-maid-uniform-and-high-heels kind.
And not the on my knees working up a sweat kind.
(I really hate putting hyphens betwen every word; do you know how much that slows me down?? And besides, my fingers are small and I can't reach...)
What kind of house cleaning am I talking about, then?
BLOG house cleaning!
I love the freedom of having moved,
and I love that my stats counter now reflects a more realistic number of visitors,
and I love that I don't care that it's about 33% of my former traffic.
But.
There's one more thing I need to do in order to feel carefree again.
I need to take down my sidebar.
I'm hesitant...
and not at all sure of how to best go about it.
I mean...
I need to keep all those links somewhere safe so I can still visit them when I have time.
But.
I end up feeling so guilty every time I see that loooong old list of blogs I never ever visit.
I've been told I care too much about other people,
but I don't think that's possible.
Friends have always been of the most extreme importance to me.
My cute Mom used to tell me it was one of my greatest talents.
Aw...see, I told you she was cute.
Anyway...I just don't know how to write (my blog) without reading (others' blogs).
Hm...
Maybe that's not the answer.
Maybe I should make a rotation for myself...
Like Monday I visit the first ten, Tuesday the second set of ten, etc.
Maybe that would work.
I just can't stand the thought of missing out on any of your lives.
...shh...what's that?
it sounds like Vanilla Ice....
but that's David Bowie--what the???

hee.
Yes, I'm feel rather Under Pressure at the moment.
I'm such a frigging spaz.
I used to be so laid back, but somewhere along the way, I've grown to be wound very tightly.
I should eat some Yoga-rt or do some Mediation.
Sorry...I'm feeling silly...using the wrong words is so jr. high.

Ok.
I guess being a spaz keeps my life interesting, so I'll just continue to go with it.

I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do about my lack of reciprocity in the blogging department, but I'll keep working on it.
And to all of you who know I adore you, but I rarely stop by...
I wish I knew what to say.
I hate that I'm not eagerly reading every post as soon as it comes out and--
that's it!
Maybe I can do one of those feeds!
then I don't have to feel tied to my blog list.
Hm.
There's a thought.

I'm sorry this was so "Lisa's thinking out loud, and it's not even DIRTY!" today.

I have a sorta fun day ahead.
A nice list of errands, plus a FIRM COMMITMENT to going to the goddamned
motherfucking
probably-feels-jilted-by-my-neglectful-and-growing-ass
GYM
today.
Fuck this.
I have had some pretty good, pretty valid reasons for letting that slide lately,
but the pounding waves of stress have ebbed and I'm slightly softer around the edges.
This is not acceptable.
Thank that chubby little pink baby Jesus for muscle memory!

Speaking of chubby little pink babies...
My dearest friend from childhood (the church version...for newcomers: I had a BEST school friend and a BEST church friend, and never the twain shall meet. Ok, they've met a couple of times, but they were my two separate worlds...ANYWAY)
She had her second baby yesterday!
Gorgeous, plump little girls both of them.
Her first is approximately 15 months old--YIPE!
She was a little overwhelmed by the quickness of her second conception, as you can well imagine.
I think they were not preventing it, but didn't think it would happen so quickly.
Gah. Isn't that always the way??

Oh, before I forget, Chris started writing the next book in his Amorlia series!
Now, if you haven't read the first one, read it anyway.
He is incredible and amazing and brilliant and creative.
He's pretty hot, too, but I suppose that doesn't have much bearing in this case...
Anyway.
Please go read.
You will not be disappointed.
and if you have time, go read the first volume, too!

I should do one of those showcasey-introduce you all to each other thingies.
Cuz some of you who aren't reading each other should be.
Maybe I'll do that next week...

Ok, so after I do my errands and go to the gym,
I have my weekly staff meeting/class and we are going on a field trip to the top newspaper in the city today!
It should be interesting and informative.
Then, I get to claw my way through rush hour traffic to meet Becky-the-unblogger for dinner before Seussical the Meuss-ical (sorry, it's just that you have to rhyme those words...) and then to meet up with some other friends.
A new girlfriend to meet.
I'm very excited.
Mr. husband may even join us if the babysitter can stay that late.
(she's coming at 1:00, so it would be a pretty long day for her if she did)

Ok, I guess I should quit stalling.
My list and my lipids are waiting!!!

Love and kisses and a really hot and intense groping to you all!
Oh...I almost forgot the best part...
Pants showcased this shirt on her site, and since I'm a consumer whore, I had to go buy it.
That, and well..just read it. I HAD to go buy it.
Speaking of my whorishness, dear sweet BigDon may have suggested that I was being a blog whore by having ads in my haloscan: the answer to that is, for BHW I had the "premium" haloscan account and I haven't upgraded this one yet. So there. :P


I present to you:

UnBridled Friday!

Love it! Posted by Picasa

|