Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Does this hair make me look OLD?

Ok, let me back up.
A friend suggested I dye my hair blue.
And when I took out the hair dye I had already bought (pre-suggestion),
it never occurred to me to double-check the color.
It was black, but not the same shade as usual.
When I started applying it, the stuff I got on my skin didn't show up right away,
which caught my attention.
And then...
when it did show up...
it was
BLUE.
Now, dye is not the same color as the end product, so I wasn't freaking out, but...
I knew it wasn't the same shade I usually use and I knew it was at least bluISH.
I let a mild worry drift over me as I finished the job,
but it has turned out just fine.
I am as black as night.
"Starry night" is the color, I believe.
I'll take the Van Gogh nod any day.

Speaking of being blue...
I decided that it's time to get a therapist!!!
I know!
I'm only like 15 years behind the rest of the world.
What can I say?
I'm a stubborn fuck.
(and a good one, too, but that's another subject entirely)
I'm only telling you guys this because there has often been discussion over the degree of my craziness, and now we're about to find out.
Heh.
No, I really just want to talk through some stuff, including the whole grief thing.
I had a dream about the brother-in-law last night.
I was driving his truck and he was falling asleep on my shoulder.
Odd, but nice.
I made the mistake of watching a show so shitty I won't admit what it was.
But in this show, the main character had to tell his sister that her husband had been killed in a car crash.
I got a little emotional, as you can imagine.
I mean...3 months ago (3 months and 3 days, actually) I had to tell people I love that their brother was gone, and I had to tell someone that the love of her life was gone.
Stupid fucking show.
How can people just write scripts about stuff like that??
And throw it onto some second--no fourth--rate show about idiotic people and their stupid decisions??
The writing on that show sucks, by the way.
The people don't act like real people would.
The acting is good, but the lines are LAME.
Anyway.
I want to just have someone professional to talk to about all the crap in my head.
It couldn't hurt.
I even took their online assessment.
It says I appear to be clinically depressed.
ha.
They don't know me--I refuse to be depressed!!!
Life is far too grand to waste time with that.
But I could use some help sorting out the contents of my over-full head.

Somehow this post was much funnier in my head.
So...
Happy Thursday.

|