Lucky, Lucky Star

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Recap

Thursday night I went to the Bukowski CD release party/poetry reading,
as I mentioned in my last post.
What I somehow failed to mention was the jazz trio backing up the readers--
fuck
ing
awe
some.
And then the one dude--
the one playing the not-electric,
old-school,
6-foot tall
Bass--
he recited a poem he had written.
He wrote it while watching whales off the coast of northern california.
It was replete with assonance and aliteration and it was perfectly punctuated by his fingers on the strings of the instrument.
Yeee-aw.

So anyway.
Friday was a good day...
we drove down to the college from which Cameron's brother would have graduated,
had he lived a few more fucking months.
That may have been the most depressing thing I've experienced this year.
It was cool, too, though;
they presented his diploma to his 5 year old daughter.
And when the other brother pointed the camcorder at me and told me to say something, I didn't say what I was thinking.
I didn't say that he should be here, that we should be watching his tall ass self swagger down the aisle.
That we should have had to fight with him over allowing his mother to attend,
and about where to eat together afterward.

AHEM.
So anyway.
Friday night I had one ticket to the opening of the first regional production of Lay-Miz (trying to throw off search engines).
And at the last minute mr. husband decided to come with me and see if there were any tickets to buy.
We were in luck and the show was in
credible.
Hubby said it was better than any movie he's ever seen.
It was phenomenal.
Loved it.

Saturday brought hiking and lunch with my best friend,
and an evening with a couple of couples--
fabulous Italian and then to the best sports bar to watch our dear Jazz wipe the floor with the Rockets.
Twas a golden day.

Today?
Sex--finally!
I've been out of commission for one reason or another for over a week,
and right before that we spent 2 nights sharing a hotel room with our kids.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO....
it was a blissful morning in our world.
And then we spent the day relaxing and playing with the kids.

And now I feel like I'm bragging.
Sorry!!!!
I do, truly, hope you guys all had equally if not similarly lovely weekends.

|