Lucky, Lucky Star

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Did you survive Friday the 13th?

I know I did.
They've always been lucky for me,
and yesterday I think I got lucky twice.
(buh-dum-CHING)
I also got my pda phone, at long last.
...complete with a blue-tooth earpiece...
I will attempt to retain my reputation as a bad ass,
but I'm not sure how to fight such propaganda.
I plan on only using it while driving or doing chores around the house,
but you know how these things go...
What starts out as a convenience ends up a crutch!
Will definitely keep you posted.
I can even check blogs and LEAVE COMMENTS quite easily from the phone, so watch your back.
...or your comments box.
heh.

As for the Wii and its evil powers of muscle-pulling and tendon straining...
well, I still love the little fella.
And I'll probably continue injuring myself, because I'm
just
that
stupid.
But at least injuries make for good stories, right??

Here's reason #432 that my husband ROCKS:
just before taking the kids to the tennis court,
he assigned the twinners to clean their room and had his 10 year old help him clean the guest bathroom (which the twinners use because it's more of an "upstairs-non-master-bath" room...can you say "toothpaste as art" and "wow, I thought the tiles by the toilet where SUPPOSED to be yellow!"? Bless their hearts, it looks great!).
And then suddenly my prep-for-Mom's-arrival went from "stressful" to "pretty much done."
I tidied the guest room and put on the new bedding set I picked up a couple of weeks ago (I may have mentioned it--it was necessary because the little ones have adopted my two queen-sized bed spreads and somehow most of my queen sheet sets are missing at least one sheet so I've been using our king ones).
With all of us working, it was done in under an hour.
And now they're at the park and/or playing tennis and I am tidying a few remaining things and throwing dinner together.
Mom lands at 9pm, so I'll be able to re-tidy after the littles are in bed and before dashing over to get her.
Not too shabby.

I am feeling a little let down that my Dad's not coming on this trip,
but I know she could use the break so I'm glad for her.
We will have more fun in some ways, but I'm just glad I will be visiting them in June so I can still see him soon.
He's a crazy old bird but I love him.

Here's something that erupted out of me like lava yesterday--

love flows
over the land
like heat waves,
sound waves,
radio
waves.
do you feel it?
brushing past your ankles,
pressing the air around you,
washing through you like fire through paper.

|