Lucky, Lucky Star

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Produce gets me HIGH

I'm serious.
Whenever I walk into Harmono's produce section I am overcome by a sense of euphoria.
I don't know if it's because their displays are so damned orderly--
apples with a shine like a row of patent leathers at church, pears nestled in fresh sawdust, various greens layered like a forest of vivaciousness!
Or.
If it's simply the fact that they have the freshest stuff around.
I don't really care, either, but I do love that place.
I think half my fridge is full of fruits and vegetables right now.
Yummmmm.....

Ok, so I was browsing the other day and I came across this cool site.
I am still not sure whether it would be useful for me to join, so I was wondering if you guys could check it out and let me know what YOU think?
It's called KushCash and it sounds like it's a way to use your phone for (at least some aspects of) your banking.
They have a Mastercard coming soon which I think would be the best part, but it's pretty cool.
There is also a blog for it which is the most entertaining part of all, so read that at the very least.
Maybe they have subliminal advertising going on there so watch your back.
Or your subconcious...?
Whichever.

In other news, I sat on a stationary bike (pedalling) for 13 minutes this morning, waiting for my friend to come out of the locker room...
I knew she was there because her car was in the parking lot (and she's usually on time).
I remembered we were supposed to meet at 9, but...
when she called last night to see if I wanted to meet I was playing Sorry with the boys and I was only half-listening I guess.
Cuz...I forgot the part about meeting for a 9:00 CLASS.
Which explains why she wasn't meeting me in the cardio area like she usually does.
AND.
The class was full so there were no more exercise balls/mats/barbells and she had just given away the set she saved for me.
I'm such a moron.
I did something really stupid yesterday, too, but I can't remember.
Oh yeah!
I finished shopping and could not find my debit card in my purse.
Just--gone. Poof.
I was beside myself, wondering if I had left it at the restaurant where I had lunch with my friend the day before (the menu offered "Belgium Waffles" and I kept making "England Muffin"/"France Toast" jokes...).
So I wrote a check and wondered where the hell it was.
When I got home and undressed for my shower I disovered my debit card in my sports bra.
Oh YEAH!!!
I stuck it there after swiping it at the gas pump!!

Fuck.
What is wrong with me???

|