Lucky, Lucky Star

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Well, fuck.

(as opposed to "well-fucked" or "we'll fuck")

I really kind of would like to move operations back over to the old location,
but there's a problem.
My homepage is set to this URL, so everytime I open I think of this blog.
It matters not that both blogs are associated with the same log-in profile thing-a-majig.
And now you know how I translate lazy-type behaviors into some sort of inverse OCD.
Oh well.

I stepped on some glass, or something sharp and barely-visible this morning.
It hurt like a motherfucker for a second or less and then I hopped around for a while,
hoping it would miraculously fall out.
Hubby even brought me my reading glasses so I could see better,
and some tweezers and wound cleaning solution.
I dutifully contorted myself so that I could see the outside edge of my right foot,
but all I could locate was the place where blood was peeking out onto the surface.
Hm.
Hubby got even closer and has naturally spectacular vision and he said there was nothing there.
Then he poked at it just to prove his point and I squealed.
Well, it IS his birthday today.
He's allowed to do whatever he wants.
Ha.
No, what really happened is that he refused to excise the invisible intruder because he hates hurting me, but I forced him to try and then changed my mind.
So, I'm a bit gimpy, but I imagine I'll live.
Unless there was tetanus on that little devil...
or poison (of a very slow-working variety)...
or something else equally far-fetched.
Anywho.
It was a good day.
We went to the Planetarium to see a couple of shows, but one of them was cancelled.
Oh well. The other one was most fabulous.

I went shopping for some clothes for my husband as one of his birthday presents
(he's lost 20 pounds in the past month or so and he's been looking forward to updating his wardrobe, so it wasn't an entirely utilitarian gift! Besides, I gave him 3 other things that were VERY thoughtful and why am I defending myself to YOU??)
and I considered (briefly--pun intended) getting him some silk boxers.
Just for my own personal enjoyment.
But they didn't have any I liked and then I changed my mind anyway, and in the course of my men's underwear persual I discovered a disturbing trend.
Several of the main prints were very feminine.
Not that there's anything wrong with That, but...
if I see a guy drop trou and there are butterflies and/or petunias staring back at me, I'm going to wonder if my adam's apple's showing!
Whatever.
I guess I'm not very progressive.
I did, however, love the prints and grabbed a pair for myself.
So, I'll take a photo soon and you guys can vote on whether you'd want to make out with or go shopping with a guy wearing the same print.
Did that make sense?
Anywho, sense or nononsense, I'll snap some pictures of the boxers and the reading glasses, just for fun.
Yes, I'll be modelling both.
I'm still VAIN, of course!!!

And did I mention I'm as sleepy as a princess in a tower with a cursed spindle...?

|