Lucky, Lucky Star

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesdays used to be so much cooler than this...

Remember the good ole days?
I do.
I remember them fondly.
Fondle-y.

See, I'm a housewife again.
A true blue housewife.
I have a routine, and it is nice.
I am reading for pleasure again and that is so far beyond nice that I can hardly sit still!
I may just figure out what to write a novel about, some day soon.
That'd be swell.

I wish I had more to say, but I don't.
No news is good news, though, so there's that.

I'm trying to decide the order in which to do the following:
1. mop the floor
2. shower
3. make rocky road brownies

It's a rough life, I know.
And mostly I'm looking forward to 3:05, when my kids tumble into the house and their coats, shoes, socks, and backpacks erupt across the entire foyer.
I really am--that sounded like a smartass complaint, but I really can't wait for them to get here.
We're going to watch the entire Napolean Dynamite...
they started watching it the other day while I was showering, and I could hear them laughing over the running water.
They were DYING.
And then last night they couldn't sleep and they came into our room to "get a drink" (read: waste some time) and Oliver sat down on the edge of the bed and recited the tot scene perfectly!
Nathan Napoleon, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon Dynamite No, go find your own!
Nathan Come on, give me some of your tots.
Napoleon Dynamite No, I'm freakin' starving! I didn't get to eat anything today.
Nathan [kicks the tots]
Napoleon Dynamite Ugh! Gross! Freakin' idiot

I almost hurt myself from laughing at his rendition.
So, I think it's a totally important thing for me to snuggle up with them and watch the whole movie while eating freshly baked brownies.
Don't you?

|