Lucky, Lucky Star

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Beautiful day, beautiful world--

Yup.
I have phone interviews all morning, and I just realized that I had a dream recently where I was aghast to discover that I was writing such mundane things on my blog.
Apparently my subconcious would prefer a steady stream of poetry.
Or perhaps rants?
Dunno.
But that reminds me...
I spent some time at the book store yesterday and have realized that I, too, am a book addict.
I am a library addict, too, but this book buying thing is pretty damn cool, too.
I wanted to buy about 10 books yesterday--and I would have wanted more, but I forced myself to leave.
I was a good girl and only bought the two books I had intended to buy for part of my husband's Valentine's Day gift and one cook book for myself...
I HAD to buy it because it was put together so well.
I don't know if I'll like any of the recipes but the important thing is that it had photographs to go with each recipe--of the finished product as well as some of the steps of preparation! Whoa.
Not only that, but they had gone to the trouble of binding it in such a way that even though it looked to be bound like a standard hardcover book, the pages were actually bound in very small groups so that the pages would lie flat upon opening the book.
There is a whole series...I should buy them all...
SEEEE??????
Addiction.
Anyway...

So speaking of V-Day, if anyone's looking for Cupid, the fat little naked bugger has been hanging out at my house.
My darling husband has filled my heart so full of his love that I'm practically drowning.
Translation: I'm in bliss!
He's been doing this Twelve Days of Valentine's thing...giving me a present and a letter every day.
The letters are the best part, of course, but the gifts have been extremely thoughtful.
So, I am plotting and planning my reply.
I was already planning to make this Valentine's Day a special one, but now the pressure's really on!
Just kidding...I don't feel pressured, just hopeful that I can make him feel as loved as I feel.

Ok, time to focus on interview preparations...
Happy Thursday, everyone!

|