Lucky, Lucky Star

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Whirlwind Life

...and now I'm off to California.
Mr. husband has 3 weeks in a row of business trips, so I'm going to tag along this week.
We'll be in the Bay Area, and I'm already planning a rendez-vous with one of my longest known co-bloggers.
I am SO excited to be meeting her!!
I will not lie: I kinda wish it was just the two of us, so we could good-n-girl talk, but my husband is a wonderful conversationalist and we'll have a grand ole time, I'm sure.
Other than that, I'm planning on holing up in the (rather lovely) room with a borrowed laptop and a GIANT stack of books.
Time to get serious about being a writer.
And what's better than a week in a hotel with nothing to do but read and write, then have dinner and lazy/sexy evenings with the greatest love I've ever known?
I'm such a lucky star that I might have to wish on myself!
...which sounds deliciously masturbatory, so I'll take it!

Speaking of reading...
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I've been having trouble reading for the past year.
Not, like, losing my ability to comprehend or whatever, but losing my ability to FINISH a book.
Previously, I was one of those "devour a large book in 2 days" types.
A feverish and insatiable reader I was.
(welcome, Yoda)
But round abouts a year ago, I began leaving good books unfinished.
I've accumulated 6 or 7 in that category so far, and it leaves me rather shaky.
I don't know how to not finish books.
It feels....ragged, unresolved.
So I'm taking a few of those along, as well as a couple of new ones with dashing good looks in the style department.
I'm also taking a few "how to be a writer" books, cuz...even though I know, I don't really know, ya know?
i.e., I could always stand to learn a bit more.
A lot more, frankly.
heh.
So there.
And today makes 5 days in a row of great workouts.
This is the first week in over a year that I've been able to say that.
Most of the last 50 or 60 weeks I've gone at least once and 90% of those were probably more like 2 or 3 times, but that's just not good enough.
I love muscle memory, and the way I tone back up so quickly.
I love my chiropractor for gently and almost unknowingly reminding me to
FOCUS ON LOWER ABS, DUMASS.
I mean...if it's hard to do something, chances are you should do MORE of it and not LESS.
DUMBASS.
(the part of "DUMBASS" played by Lisa)
So Dr. Crack-yer-back-ter suggested I do some lower ab exercises to help strength the muscles in my lower back, which is where I've been having pain.
And it was like all the light bulbs in an entire lighting store going on at once.
...my vision is still kinda screwed up from that whole affair, but it was worth it.

Now?
Bowling with lesbians!
And another mother of twins.
My favorite lesbian, by the way.
The girl that could turn me in a heartbeat if turning were in the cards for me.
She is an amazing woman in just about every way, and purdy, to boot!
I hear she has even better tits than me, too.
(yes, I'm humoring you dear dirty boys out there with that last line. You're welcome.)

Ok, and now I must do the most important thing: spend some quality time with my step son.
What?
He's very important to me.
(this has nothing to do with the new characters we started together on WoW last night...new race...new powers...new quests....fuck you guys, I'm logging in!)

|