Lucky, Lucky Star

Thursday, December 28, 2006

It is the dawning of the age of...

not so much "Aquarius" as...
Me.
It truly is, and I just thought you should know.

I'm trying to plan out my upcoming semester...
I have registered for classes, but I'm having serious doubts.
I hated the degree of stress that permeated my life last semester,
but I have hope that it won't be as bad this time, even with the same class load.
Which was, for the record, a pathetic 9 credits.
Not even full time!
Bah.
Well...the school stuff was the least of my worries, so I think I'll be fine.
As I look back over the past few months, I see that Life was fragile and tattered around me.
I have never been in such a dark place and I hope it is a long time before I approach that again--if ever.
I have regained my composure and I am finally at a place where the anguish over Things Out of My Control has subsisded; I can now think of bro-in-law with fondness not tarnished by despair.
AND.
Mr. Lucky Star is HERE--
and let me just tell you: it feels fantastic to have a husband when you're married!
(I added the qualifier because I don't mean to insinuate that the only way to be happy is to have a husband...it's just that when you're married, but have no husband it is a particularly lonely and wind-blown landscape of Life....)

I have truly been sucked into the World of Warcraft...
I am a level 11 hunter now, and I am working on training animals.
I love killing stuff.
hee...
I think maybe I'll have to start a "Former WoW Widdow Turned Addict" blog.
Or something.
Nah, it's actually easier to manage my time spent doing that than it is to manage my time spent blogging: I can sit down planning on only checking my email and end up spending hours reading blogs, but with WoW I know I am committing to a chunk of time when I sit down, so I always make sure to clear my schedule first.
...never fear, I'm sure this attitude will change soon and I'll be a blob of lard with carpel tunnel syndrome whose children are more feral than is healthy...
(yet another qualifier because, as we all know, a certain degree of ferality is encouraged!)

I am doing an Isagenix cleanse right now...
It's a 2 day fast, basically, and then 5 days of eating mostly shakes and then another 2 day fast.
It is designed to detoxify you and recharge you with all the nutrients and minerals that you haven't been getting.
A few of my friends have done it recently and they have simply RAVED about the results: they feel better, lose a few pounds, and have all sorts of positive side effects.
I am most firmly NOT a believer in miracle drugs of any kind, but when people who aren't trying to sell me anything insist that it's FRICKIN' AWESOME, I can't resist.
So.
I'll keep you posted.

Also, I had an epiphany last night while reading O magazine in the bathtub.
There was an article about weight-gain and something just clicked.
It was like a light switch went on inside my heart and electricity skittered through my whole body...
which is fairly dangerous in a BATHTUB, but somehow I survived.
Heh.
Anyway, the realization that I had was this: I have been missing something in my life since I quit being Mormon.
And it's not religion--
it's meditation!
I have thought about this off and on over the years since leaving "the church" and this time it finally hit me that a better fucking way to deal with my goddddddamn stress than EATING would be meditating!
Duh.
It would at least help me sort through my thoughts, and be lower in calories.
Heh.
I hate women who obsess over their weight as much as the next guy, so I offer my sincerest apologies for this, it's just that it's something I'm thinking about lately and I'm excited to have realized there may be a solution to my stupid-ass stress eating.
YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
And I'm going to make workouts a priority again.
I love how I feel when I'm lifting weights on a regular basis, and cardio-ing.
(yes, that's a word)

Hot DAMN I'm glad nobody's reading this week!!!

Last night Becky (the non-blogger) and my hubby and I went to a new (to us) local bar for karaoke night.
It was a great little place with a very cool bartender and a lame-ass selection of songs.
We did The Doors' "People are Strange" first, and the dude had to restart it 4 or 5 times because he kept messing it up...that was NOT a great start to the song which turned out to be too low for Becky (who is the one who can sing).
Not too low for me, but as you may have picked up from that parenthetical notation, I CAN'T SING.
Oh well.
It was fun.
And when we got home the babysitters had cleaned up my somewhat trashed house!
The kids were already in bed when they got here, and I am impressed that they earned their money a different way.
They rock.
We will need to go back for another karaoke night soon.
Maybe next time we'll bring our own music.

Hope you're all enjoying this lazy week!

|