Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, December 18, 2006

Mondays are not Only for sissies!

Mondays are also for doing the Christmas shopping that should have taken place yesterday,
but was sorta snowed out.
Holy snow, bat man.
It was just gently falling--
for about 24 hours.
So that was annoying.
But at least I cooked my turkey and the rest of my little pseudo-Thanksgiving feast.

On Saturday we went to a friend's house for a christmas party.
We ended up playing poker, and hubby and I dominated.
Well...actually there was the guy who was eating through all our chips like cancer,
and I looked that rugby-playin' fool in the eye and said, "I'm your chemo, baby!"
And I was.
Well, ok, so my husband won more than I did, but that guy and I went head to head on several hands after that, where we each had the same hand (Hold 'Em) but I had the high card.
I actually felt kind of bad about it, but it was all in good fun.
I love poker.
Soooooo much.
I also did a Jager Bomb for the first (but definitely not last) time.
Wow, that was deeeeelicious!
Or maybe I just like Rockstar energy drinks...

I have so much to do today that I am already 4 hours behind and I've only been up for 2 hours!!
I am very excited to get out there and finish my shopping,
but I am terrified to go to the post office and find out how much it'll cost to ship a box to Maryland and a box to Maine in 4 days.
WHY DIDN'T I MAIL THE STUFF A WEEK AGO, WHEN I BOUGHT IT????
Oh, yeah, that's right....
because I am post office-ally challenged.
It's a handicap.
I should get a parking sticker.
What??
They give those out for mental handicaps, don't they??
Ok, maybe not.
I think that I might even be able to get through this day of shopping without buying myself more than 1 or 2...or maybe 3....things.

I am really fucking pissed that Gabcast is not supported by stupidass Beta Blogger.
WHY DID I JUMP INTO THAT?????
Oh, that's right--
because I'm an impulsive, impatient fool.
I forgot.

Ok, time to shower and put on my walkin' shoes!
Material world, here I come!!

|