Lucky, Lucky Star

Saturday, December 09, 2006

New features...

I hate change.

But, we'll see.

This new version of Blogger seems ok.
The only gripe I have (so far) is that I have to sign in using a full email address rather than a short username.

Did you know that "sign-in" is a noun and "sign in" is the verby way to say it?
I think I'll start giving grammar tips...
to go with my grandma tits....
Just kidding. They're still as fabulous as ever.
In fact, sometimes, I halt all lovemaking-type proceedings in order to make that very observation to my husband.
He knows.
But still.

I think our car was semi-broken into last night.
Well, my car.
And not exactly broken into...
Hubby thinks he left the garage door open because it was open this morning and two of my car doors and the back hatch door were open.
My CDs were still in it, but I haven't checked the back for the two big bags of winter wear my kids grew out of that I meant to give my friend last night.
Anywho.
I figured it must have been our kids, since no CDs were missing, but they SWEAR it wasn't them.
I'm inclined to believe them since they really haven't figured out lying and they have not yet put on clothes today.
...and I don't mean "they haven't changed from jammies to clothes"
....we're nude sleepers here in my house.
The males, at least. Gah.

Ok, so anyway.
I was just opening my "Bored Housewife Chronicles" file to work on the big book project,
and I hit "control" plus something and suddenly there are little paragraph "P"s all over the place and dots between each word...
what
the
FUUUUUUUCK???
I'm sure I'll figure it out, but it's really freaky looking.
And, no, clicking "undo" neither did nor undid anything!!

You'll be happy to know that I found my sweet tooth again.
I thought I had found a solution, but alas, I had not.

Last night hubby and J and I went to see Becky's boyfriend's band play.
They are very, very good.
Clever guys, all.
They mostly do a great variety of covers--
from the Rolling Stones to the Violent Femmes to Nickelback ("Animal"...hubba-hubba) to this awesome version of "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" where they break into "My Humps" in the middle...a little Van Halen, Def Leopard, Matchbox 20, Sheryl Crow--awesome.
And they sprinkled in a few originals,
one of which has gained mention here before.
This was the first time we heard them play,
and was several months before Becky met her boy for real.
The song is called, "Cold" and it describes how cold it is with a list of some pretty funny shit.
"Colder than a blow from an eskimo whore" was the line that prompted me to call in an audiopost, but let's not omit, "Colder than hillary clinton's clit"--and the guy who mumbles, "yeah, I've heard you could get your tongue stuck to that, it's so cold!" or something.
Colder than the snot on a sled dog's nose
colder than the frost of a milkshake glass,
colder than the something on a polar bear's ass...
ok, so I still need to listen a couple more times to memorize it all, but I'm working on it!
They finally recorded a CD and I bought 2.
I'm really not sure why I bought the second one, but something didn't feel right about only spending 5 bucks.
I'm sure I'll find someone to give it to.

I think I"ll try labelling my posts.
They'll all say "potpourri" or "ramblings of a madwoman" or "no boobs today" or something...
that really might force me to think about what I've written, and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that.

Happy Saturday (or Sunday)!

Labels: ,

|