Lucky, Lucky Star

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A-a-a-and we're manic!

Just kidding.
But I did wake up happy today.
It was truly startling; I hate mornings.
Classes were good, phone call with long-lost Eskimo was good,
having house cleaned by someone else was good,
getting to go to bed at 11:00 (ish) is going to be GOOOOOD.
It snowed all day.
Slippery sidewalks on my foothill located campus were fun to navigate.

I wouldn't say that I'm better than Ezra, but...You are.

I am the captain of my destiny, the master of my soul.
Oops...more like:

Invictus

OUT of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.


Fuckin' right, William Ernest Henley!

And...I feel like I could grabthat fate by the balls and make it my bitch.
...besides, I just love balls...
I remember the first time I heard that AC/DC song.
Cold and rainy spring morning.
So early it was still night when we got in that shitty car.
Headed west.
Grey and cold.
She smoked, and kept rolling down the window for ventilation--
alternating between freezing New England air and the blasting hot air from the vents.
And she wouldn't stop bitching.
Quite possibly the worst road trip I've ever been on.
That song was truly the highlight.
I swear I'm not thinking about him lately, but that roadtrip was to see the college graduation of my virginity-recipient.
Stupid Mormon Lisa wouldn't go to the after party with him...
I hated that he was a drinker; I never understood it until I did it.
I was so afraid to acknowledge the normalcy of it, afraid I would want to do it.
Didn't even do IT because I had already repented of my sins and reinserted my head in the Church's ass.
What a waste.
ha.
That was quite a trip.
Trippy.
Roadie.
Road trip.
Being loved is not nearly as satisfying as loving back, but I was grateful for his devotion.

Take me to fly with you, she said.
He smiled and in his eyes was an eternity of wisdom--
sparkly and fresh, newly acquired.
Oh, she said quietly.
I won't want to come back, will I?
That familiar look passed over his face--
that reluctant, almost apologetic "No" look.
He hated that word.

I could fly with him, but I wouldn't be able to come back.
Good night, dears!

|