Lucky, Lucky Star

Friday, November 24, 2006

Home sweat home

Yes, I spelled that wrong on purpose.
Why?
because something about rental cars and airports and airplanes and returns to houses left a jumbled "don't forget anything"/"let's go!" mess
makes me feel more sweaty than sweet.
But I'm not technically sweaty.
It's a bit chilly in this house.

The trip was really great.
I never thought I would like Disney World so much.
I never wanted to go to Florida.
...although I suspect that my distaste for it stemmed from the way it was put on a pedastal by the people I knew as a child.
I have always disdained things that are coveted by others.
Which probably originates with my dislike for competition.
But I digress.
The Disney experience was rather a marvel.
The lines were as long as I had heard;
the "Fast Pass" system was as cool as I had heard;
the sheer brilliance of the efficiency of those Mouse-eared bastards is worthy of some sort of Nobel Prize;
and--
we will definitely go back sometime.
Husband says he will research.
He will find the week with the lowest revenue and we will go then:
the number of other patrons is inversely proportional to the amount of fun we would have.
True story.
Considering it was one of the busiest weeks of the year, everything went well.

I never really felt like I was in Floriday, by the way.
We never saw the ocean,
never tripped over an alligator,
didn't visit an orange grove,
and the weather was playing dirty tricks on us the first 3 days.
Ah, well.
AT least we weren't in UTAH!
And I got to see my parents,
my sister/her husbad/their little boy
and my closest cousin/her husband.
Yes, it was practically a family reunion.
The kids were even good for...a lot of the time...
eh, what can you expect?
Travel is stressful.

Anyway, it was fun, and I'm glad to be home--
which is the best possible outcome for a vacation.

Two weeks until finals.
Hoooo-rah.

|