Lucky, Lucky Star

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Oh, so you want a post, do ya?

And what makes you think I might be the kinda girl who would be willing to
give
such a thing to just anyone??
Oh...
you're not just anyone?
I see...
Well, in that case...
you already know how postful I can be and that's why you're asking--
nay, telling--
me to post.

Er.
How do you guys feel when I go off on those bizarre little tangents where I'm acting like a total FREAK?
Seriously.
Maybe it doesn't seem as freaky when you're reading it as it does to me when I'm writing it, but...
you should be raising an eyebrow or a white flag or something.

Mmm...
raise your white flag to my heart
raise your red flag to my...
(now I'm drowning in the symbolic possibilities of a cock represented by a red flag, which is the symbol for enticing a bull onward, but a bull is more like a cock...cock'n'bull...and then the poem has flown swiftly out the window, laughing at me as it sits unwritten and urges itself to fly further away; it seeks a better home than my head.)

Today I am organizing and packing for
the
Trip.

And if I'm a good little girl, who gets all her chores done, then I may make the 60 mile drive to my other-brother's house for
Pie Night.
Has there ever been a better invention than PIE NIGHT?
Could there ever be a better invention than Pie Night?
Pies of every flavor, every texture, every thickness, thinness...
Pies with whipped cream, and pies with ice cream.
Cooked pies, chilled pies, warm pies, cold pies.
Pies.
Oh, dear sweet Christified baby Jesus, I love pie!!!
I am nearly drooling...
Pie.
It is a tradition that was first introduced to my family by this one family at our church.
I can't remember their names right now...
They had a son and a daughter (named Lisa!) who were much older than my sister and I, but not quite as old as our brothers.
And it was the grandparents of that family who were involved with our church, so we didn't know the rest of them as well.
But.
The night before Thanksgiving was Pie Night.
And we went a few times, I partook of the glory that was the pie buffet.
My dear, sweet, angelic sister-in-law has reinvented this tradition in recent years.
It's a neighborhood event, mostly, but our other brother and myself always go, too.
Everyone takes a pie to share, and my sister-in-law makes anywhere from 5-10 herself, depending on the year.
There are not enough words to express my giddiness at the prospect of attending this event.
...although...I probably just jinxed myself by saying that.
Hubby will decide I ought not to go.
Faaaaaaaack.
Pray with me, wouldja?
Fuck praying for world peace.
To Hell and its hounds with praying for sick children.
PRAY FOR PIE, GODDAMMIT!!!

Ahem..
that was a rather unattractive display, wasn't it?
hee...

Ok, well, my son just asked me if he could have some ice cream because he's playing restaurant.
Gah.
Do you dare me to discover the state of my kitchen?
Sheeeet.
OH!
And don't let me forget to write my article!!!
Cripes.
Well.
I have 4 hours left to get shit done.
Including shower, pack for everyone, write article, and...make lists of stuff to not forget.
Are we really going on this trip???
It hasn't actually hit me yet.
Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|