Lucky, Lucky Star

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Turns out my depression was testosterone-based

...as in, the lack of a testosterone-heavy male, present in my home.
As in.........
maybe I just needed to get laid more!!!!
Ha.
I'm kind of joking...
there were lots of things making the weight of the world lay heavy on my shoulders,
but somehow the world does seem a lot brighter with the man of the house actually performing "man of the house" type duties.
And I don't just mean SEX.

Anywho.
I mentioned that our garage door got left open (by the husband) on Friday night, right?
Well.
The realization was a little slow in coming, but I was robbed.
Whoever the punk ass little mother fucker(s) was/were, they took the bulk of my CD collection.
I forgot to check for that, because the CDs I listen to the most are actually stuck in the little pocket on the inside of my door.
But the 25 CD Case Logic thingie was tucked under the armrest (in a perfectly sized space on top of the useless-but-cool car phone).
It WAS tucked in there.
When I went out to look at the car, to check for missing stuff, I noticed the armrest was up, but I was thinking that I hadn't replaced the case after our trip to Florida.
I had.
It feels really weird.
Not only did I not realize they had taken anything right away,
but compared to what they could have taken it was pretty small.
It also pisses me off to a HUGE degree.
Mostly because I have a terrible memory so I'll never remember which CDs were in there...
Oh well; I guess I'll replace the most important ones, eh?

Otherwise, it's been a pretty nice weekend.
Lots of lounging, lots of lovin', and lots of family game time.
Yahtzee (or "Yockey" as Max kept calling it...), Sorry!, and UNO.
And junk food.
Did I mention the junkfood??
The best part is: hubby is finished travelling, for the most part.
And if he keeps up this Super Husband gig, we'll be coasting in to our 50th wedding anniversary before you know it.

I did a bit of Christmas shopping, too.
I know for some people that's a bad thing, but for me it is truly orgasmic.
You may have heard me mention that before...
shopping gives me a high, so what?
I even bought something for mr. husband to give me, today.
I couldn't help it.
I've sort of taken to wrapping my towel around myself after my shower lately.
I usually enjoy being naked for as long as possible, but it just feels so cozy to do that!
So, I found the softest, plush terry robe, knee length of course.
It is so soft...it's like wrapping a big ole teddy bear around yourself!
I will wrap it and act surprised on x-mas morning.
I don't care--I'd rather buy all/most of my own gifts anyway...
I know, I know.
That's the realist in me.
I'm a half breed, in case I've never mentioned that:
half romantic, half realist.
It's awkward sometimes, when we try to order sushi or stationary, but otherwise it keeps me balanced (or maybe crazy...).
I would rather have something I know I want than be surprised.
I hate surprises, anyway.

Speaking of surprises...
Happy Birthday to my first love, today.
I'm so glad you're home safe from stupid motherfucking Iraq,
and I hope you had a great birthday!!!
I can't believe you're so old!
Heh.

Did I ever tell you about the time I made a wish on birthday candles?
The time it came true?
I will; maybe tomorrow.

|