Lucky, Lucky Star

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

PMS is no longer suspected to be a fairy

PMS is a rash of rashness splashed across one's life.
But that's ok.
hormones find their own balance.
At least I now feel better about the mood swings of the past couple of days.
DUH.
you'd think after 15 years or so of this SHITE that I would recognize the signs, eh??
humph.
you'd think.

So, take this next part with a giant grain of un-ground sea salt.

We were never meant to be.
The timing was always wrong.
And yet...
a part of you took up residence somewhere in a far corner of my heart-shaped box.
...uh...no. How about in my box shaped heart?
Eh.
Well, both, really.
But I was going for the metaphor of love-type things, not sex-type things,
and I think the early 90s called and they would like my song title-laced post back!!
Cheese and crackers.
I mean, FUCK.
Could I back up and try that again...?
Really?
You wouldn't mind riding along while I attempt to smooth out all the wrinkles in my thought process?
Well...not "all" of them...that ain't gonna happen.
Ok...so:
We were never meant to be.
The timing was always wrong.
And yet...
a part of you took up residence somewhere in a far corner of my mind, and probably even my heart.
You needed me so much more than either of us realized,
and you weren't ready for me.
Not at all.
I was too wise, too caring, too patient.
You didn't love yourself or know yourself enough to match up with me.
We were like a skeleton key in the ignition of a Mercedes.
...I'm the Mercedes in this metaphor, just so we're clear.
You would leave an imprint on my soul like the soot from a chimney, dark and soft...
and almost like warmth.
You would almost be right, in this moment or that, but then...
I would blink, and you'd be gone.
Timing is everything.
And I should stop using round pegs to fill square holes.

hey, will someone remind me to go take my final exam on Friday morning?
It's at 10:30, but I better remember to leave by 9:30 because parking will be a bitch and I'm so sick of being late that i just might shoot someone. With a camera. But still, it would be painful--I'd make sure the flash went off and that they were caught at their worst angle, double chins and all.

How could anyone think that the world is black and white?
There are so many exquisite shades of grey, that neglecting to acknowledge their presence is like pretending there is no ocean, no sky.
Bah.

|