Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Ho-Ho-Ho to you!

No, I didn't choose that line for its questionable "ho" reference.
I chose it because I FUCKING LOVE Harry Connick Jr's X-mas CD and that song always cracked me up.
...because of its questionalbe "ho" reference...
eh, don't act surprised.
It's ME, after all!!!

Santa graciously brought my nudist children bathrobes.
It was rather unsettling to see them dressed so.
I had a line in my head about it...
a very Lisa line.
What was it?
Of course I can't remember now.
Something about jarring and disguised beauty?
eh, dunno.

To whoever tried to get my password to this blog last night:
"What the fuck??"
And:
"Get a life!"
And other assorted exclamations.

Something happened yesterday.
It was the one year anniversary of my husband's passionate and turbulent affair with World of Warcraft, and somehow...
I managed to agree to play it with him!
My worst fears were realized as my excitement grew and my interest in life outside the Realm dissolved like sugar in water.
Aw, fuck.
Now I have no way to nag him about his obsession because I UNDERSTAND it!!!!
This really blows.
I can't even begin to tell you how awful it is to have such a complete understanding for the joy and attachment that is World of Warcraft.
I named my first character "LuckyStarz" (the one without the 'z' was taken),
but then we moved my account to a different server and I didn't want to delete that one and reuse it, so I went with Lisana.
It is a tribute to Chris, who named the Queen of the Nightwalkers in the first Amorlia book Lisana.
He is a most gifted writer, and he named characters after all of his faithful readers, but I was a little partial to that one.
My character in WoW is a Night Elf, so I thought it was appropriate.
I'm a hunter.
And I'm a level 5.
Bring it on.
Heh.

Ok, enough of THIS crap.
I have quests to go on, dammit!!!

|