Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, January 08, 2007

I wish I may, I wish I might--

have this wish I wish tonight.
I wish.............
and I'm not telling you what it is, because then it won't come true.

Ha!

I do not feel like the semester is starting.
I am ready for it, I think.

I love the way love feels as it swirls around in your chest, like a dust storm in the Sahara.
Speaking of dust and storms--
I love when it's really-fuckin-dry here in the summer and the rain comes so fast and so hard that it is a mud storm--
wind blowing around sand and loose earth, dried from so
much
sun.
And mud will splatter down on you from the sky above.
Or when the hail marches across a summer afternoon,
leaving lovely, toe-less footprints across the grass.
I love it when there is a warm day in the middle of winter,
and you feel for a moment that summer is here again.
It seems like autumn always feels like spring and spring feels like autumn...
I find myself so turned around by the lack of pattern to the weather here that I have been known to write about it with ferocious vigor.

I want to walk into my classroom tomorrow and be allowed to add the class I want.
And then, I want the universe to slip its strong hand down between whatever clouds there are tomorrow (cumulous? stratus? cirrus? maybe even nimbus) and tweak the nipples of my destiny.
Give me the right class.
Give me the right professor.
Let me fall in love with my chosen subject from an academic standpoint!
Because...
right now, I kinda hate it.
Loathe it.
Detest it.
I still love reading thick volumes with large words,
I still love clattering across a keyboard, like a tap-dancer on crack...
but.
Analyzing literature makes me focus on the fact that the word starts with "anal" and I don't know why but somehow that just chaps my ass.
ha.
I am beginning to find clarity again, to find my words--
they were stashed away under a heap of grey crap that takes up about 90% of my skull...
It's easy to write when one has a muse.

I have a busy week ahead...
Wednesday is going to be a great day:
8:30 gym with Donna,
10:30 & 11:00 interviews with director and actor,
immediately jump into writing the article which is due around 3.
Then head down to the U.C. (Utah County...trust me, it deserves a smart-ass nickname)
for my book group!
I'll be seeing some good friends that I haven't seen in at least a month.
They have been dearly missed.

So there ya have it.
I love it when I get to talk to whoever's still out there.

|