Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So who's up for pretending that last post never happened?
I have a fun one for you today, and maybe we'll get into that whole ball of earwax another time.
I pinky swear.

Here's the rundown of my day so far:
8:30 gym
9:30 friend arrives at gym
9:32 we giggle and dash off to her house to sit in the hot tub!!!
tick
tock

Talkin-up-a-storm
tick
tock

*yawn*
tick-tock
Chatty McChattertons
vs.
Pruney O'Prunes
12:30 head to Wingers for some superbly unhealthy food, only to discover it is $2 draft day!!!!!
FUCK YES.
And the waiter was kind enough to recommend an apricot hefeweizen...
oh, yes...oh, lords-a-mercy YES!
So we ate and talked and ate and talked.
We drank and spilled secrets--which is much better than spilling beer, I mean, christ, what do you take me for?? Some kind of MONSTER???
Talk about a perfect day, man.
Perfection.
Hell, I even got to make a punctuation correction on the "Specials" markerboard on the way into the joint.
"Try our new combo's"....your new combo's what?
Does your combo have a new flavor, size, hairstyle??
Apostrophes are for possesion and contractions, muthafuckas!
I have figured out why there is such confusion in situations like that, though.
If you wrote "combination platters," then you wouldn't think twice about that apostrophe, but because "combo" is an abbreviation/made up word, the ending of it seems like a total wild card.
I myself am tempted to add apostrophes to the plural form of words which are either made up or slangily truncated.
(I totally fucking get to make anything I want into an adverb, too, so back off.)
So, anywho.
Grammar Tips Wednesday.
Woot.

And...Ok, I'm not really going to get into the drama, but needless to say some shit went down, rather calmly, all things considered.
We are more in love than ever (literally) and my life is secure again.
I will be taking this semester off (which sounds way more smooooth than "dropping out of school," don't you think?)
Because it's time for me to start living the dream instead of preparing for the dream by HIDING FROM IT.
No more putting off this whole "being a writer" thing.
I am one.
So let's get the fucking party started!!!

I have goals and schedules and timelines and....
I am really excited.

I just have to drop my classes...today's the deadline for that.
I am excited for that.
Just...sort of sad, too.
I loved being able to say "I go to the U (the nickname of my school...which beats the hell out of 'the Y' which is what the dorkwads call BYU. Fuckers. Don't they know that term is reserved for the YMCA, which is lots of fun to spell with your arms...) and write for their newspaper."
I plan to still write for them, if they'll let me, and incidentally, I'm not actually dropping out of school.
I will be back next fall because I do still value a degree.
It's just too much right now.
I need to be doing something that has palpable results.
Hot tub.
Sorry, had a flashback.
And no, nothing kinky happened.
Unless you count the fact that my nipples were rock hard the entire time due to the 10 degree weather outside...
Perverts.

Ok.
I am not sure I'm really back yet, but I had a post inside me and it was giving me splinters...
So there ya go.
I love you guys.

It's weird, I can't stay away from this place no matter how bad things get.
What the hell is that all about???
The two worst events of my life happened on the 12th of the month.
I think that'll have to become MY unlucky number.
13 was always lucky for me, anyway, and now 12 is blowing chunks, so: fuck you 12, you are officially EE-VILLE.

Happy day to you...

|