Lucky, Lucky Star

Friday, February 09, 2007

Like a destiny to run from....

Or a spark in the dark--
wint-o-green lifesaver.
I love connections and concoctions and
cocks....
where was I?

I love it when I'm a young tough girl in a push up bra, and I step
outside but not to brawl--
because that reminds me of hiking up my skirt a little more, so I can
show my world to you....
and what I really meant to say was
I love it when you lift up my skirt,
and I can feel your hand on my ass,
and your fingers trail forward
and slip between folds,
growing wetter
and I pant (pantiless)
and we surge together,
plunge together,
come
together.

I'm pretty sure I will make my fortune with words like that...
strung together like a chain of paper, flipping in the breeze, blowing
up skirts and knocking off hats.

I want to exist in my own world,
I want to slip away into my own thoughts and have them all be of...
I want to slip into your thoughts and trip over stacks of notes you've
taken about me....
I want to write songs to and for and about and around and over and
under and WITH and because of--
each other.
I want to learn to play the piano again and have someone teach me how to sing...

Spring is here.
For the moment.
Very early, but very timely.
We had a much colder winter than usual, and it feels like summer to
have 50-60 degree weather.
I jumped on the trampoline with the kiddos this afternoon in the
sunshine and felt
alive.
My thoughts turned to Galen--
he helped assemble the tramp, and it sits just under his window, so
it's always been sort of connected to him for me.
The first thing Oliver said to me was, "When Galen said, 'I'm gonna
flip you,' he meant he was going to FLIP US OVER! And he did (on the tramp)." I
smiled and commented that he was a nice uncle, wasn't he? And Oliver
continued on, sensing the importance of this conversation, I just know
it. He said, "And remember we were too small to get on by ourselves
and he helped us?" I smiled and acquiesced, once again, and then he
said, "Or maybe it was you. Or Dad....but I'm pretty sure Galen helped
us." He knows. He feels that Galen is important and good. That makes
my heart jump like a couple of kids on a trampoline....

And today I made two cakes for the MIL's birthday dinner tomorrow.
According to the kiddos I made 9 cakes.
Which is true, but only 2 recipes.
One a simple yellow cake mix...with real butter...and it is somehow the spongiest yummiest delight!
I could eat it
all
day
long.
BUT.
I didn't pour it into a single pan, nor even two pans.
I poured half the batter into the 6 small hearts in my new (12 days of Valentine's) pan,
and the other half into a single-layer heart shaped cake pan.
Aw....cute!!!
This cake was the after thought--
the one for the kids who are squeamish and picky and will miss out on the luscious, real cake.
The German chocolate cake from scratch.
I know I've talked about this cake on here before, but it is just so damn delicious.
It is supposed to be done in 3 round layers, but I prefer it in two 9X13 pans.
So there ya go.
6 small cakes, 2 large, 1 medium.
NINE cakes.
My kids are so silly.
And then tomorrow I'll make the coconut/pecan filling which is the truly sinful part of the German Chocolate Cake, and I will make cheese stuffed shells.
Hopefully everyone will come...
this is a new venture for their family.

One of my sons has taken a rather disturbing interest in the Bible lately.
Ok, ok, it's not disturbing.
I kind of like it, I just hate the fact that I wasn't the one to introduce the concepts of religion into their lives.
I should have realized that someone *cough* MIL *cough* would do it for me if I didn't get around to it, but still.
Pisses me off.
Now I have to go and correct her misinformation.
WE believe that there are many possibilities and you may choose your own.
grr.
Oh well.
It's good for me.
He was so funny...I told him that there are children's Bibles with pictures and all the best stories, etc, and his little eyes lit up and he got all wistful and I said, "Do you want one...?"
He did.
He was surprised that I said we would go and get one in the morning (today).
Usually when they ask for "stuff" I tell them to remember it for their birthday or something.
Heh.
So then he said, "It's good for kids to have their own Bible because then when their moms and dads are busy on their computer or doing the dishes or talking on the phone (eeeek! I'm busted!) they can just read their Bible while they wait for their mom or dad to be done."
SERIOUSLY.
It's a little unnerving to have your 6 year old say something like that.
Oh well.

In related news, aforementioned Mother-in-law (a.k.a. "MIL") has lost her mind.
What little of it there was left.
She is preparing, rather vigorously, for the Apocolypse.
It's the end of the world as we know it, and she feels fine.
She is not going to work any longer.
This may not sound alarming to some of you, but this woman is 58 and has ZERO savings.
She is currently renting our old house from us.
Suddenly, it's OUR problem.
Gah.
One of the possibilities is for her to come live here, which I guess I could handle, if she adheres to some very strict guidelines, but I'm looking for other solutions.
I'll keep you posted...

In unrelated news, my mom is coming to visit us in April.
SHE is a dream.
Cheerful and helpful and considerate.
Ahem. I guess it is sort of related news...
*cough* opposites *cough*
Ok, ok, I'm just jinxing myself, here, I better stop!

Happy weekend to you all--

|