Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, March 12, 2007

Daylight Sucking Time

And unfortunately that sounds kinda hot.
But what I really mean is that this whole turning back of the clocks thing is pissing me off.
It just really fucks with my whole world.
Not so much yesterday because we were still out of town and didn't have to get up at a certain hour, but today?
Let's just say that I had a rogue 6 year old end up in our bed last night and that's never good for getting good sleep (happens about twice a year, so I'll live) and then I was also stupid enough to leave my cell phone by my bed and I ended up receiving 3 very loudly-announced text messages in the wee hours!
I then turned off my phone and got a little more sleep before the boy wandered in.
Grrr.
I feel like poo.
Or the mother of much younger children.
(same diff)
So.
When the alarm went off, so did I.
I have had a very growly morning, but now that the kiddos are at school
(laughing all the way, incidentally)
I feel much better.

The snowmobile trip was absolute perfection.
The snow was great, the sleds purred like kittens,
and we had someone else cooking and cleaning up from all our meals.
The hot tub was hot, the sauna was dry, the drinks were cold.
We played poker and I won about $50.
We played Cranium and I breezed through all the word worm cards.
(that category is like crack to me--I would get all breathless and sparkle-eyed every time it came up)
I am just glad that I suck at some of the other categories so I didn't look like (as much of) a show-off.
Spelling backwards is my new favorite hobby.

I am still a little sore from spending so many hours controlling that giant machine but it feels great.
I didn't get hurt this time, but my husband managed to injure his ribs.
Probably not a break, but some pretty definite and long-lasting pain.
He broke two ribs and punctured a lung when he was a teenager, so he is fairly certain that there are no breaks.
One of the guys chipped a couple of teeth, and one of the women got pinned under her machine when it flipped, but she wasn't hurt.
I got some new music to download and some new authors to try and even a new recipe from the sweet little lady who cooked our food.

I am glad to be home, but I have a busy week.
On Wednesday I'm hosting my Book Group, and then the next 3 nights I have plays to see.
Fortunately, I'm doing preview articles on all of them and no reviews because--
next week is spring break for my school!

Spring is here, for the moment, and so if I can finish the article I have due today I get to go hiking with my best friend!!!
So, screw you guys--I'm getting to work.

|