Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I am busy, like a bee--

Or maybe more like a Me.
Or a knight who says "Ni"?

Today I will go to Wingers for lunch,
but really for their $2 draft/apricot Hefeweizen.
I have much writing to do before we leave on our long weekend to the snowmobile paradise which is Idaho.
First to the gym, then a shower and zip over to Wingers with the laptop.
I don't need anyone to eat with--I have my computer!
Well, it's not mine...hubby borrowed it so that 3 of us could play WoW together last week...
I am pumped.
Somehow I have a feeling that my brilliant plan is going to be gnawed upon by Mice.
Or possibly men, because it really is the best laid plan I've had all week.
Last night was the best laid Me I'd had all week.
Heh.

Mercury

I visited a History of Printing museum
And was graced with the beginning of a poem:
Metal running like water
Letters carved into lead
Words flow across the landscape of humanity.

But with me, beginnings are always left end-less.
The endless beginnings,
The countless endings—
Churning through my mind and rushing out into my blood stream.
They poison the soft, warm air of my nostrils and slip down my unwary throat.
Will they surface again, those truncated tales?
Will they weld themselves together, those beginnings and those endings?
Will they conquer me and own me, or will I continue to neglect them
And in doing so, negate them?

Have a simply delicious day, would you?
Thanks.

|