Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Taste MY rainbow, bitches!

Skittles have nothin' on me.

My latest Wii-related injury is from boxing.
I am DAMN good at that boxing game, by the way.
I KO'ed the first 5 or 6 guys I fought in the first round, and KO'ed the rest of 'em in round 2 or 3.
Yeah.
I fucking rock.
About halfway through my run, though, I got sort of a strain/cramp thing in my left arm...I'm not sure which muscle it is--
not really the tricep, not really the bicep, more like the very tip of the deltoid...?
Hm.
Yes, it's where my deltoid meets my brachialis.
See? left click on the one marked 13.
It is still sore as a motherfucker, too.

My hands are also slightly tired from the gripping of the controlers, but I'm sure that's a typical video game casualty.

In other big-screen news...
There is this HD channel
that plays live music and yesterday Mr. husband found the Red Hot Chilli Peppers playing!!
I was in heaven.
I wish I could describe the feeling of that funky stuff coming at me from all sides, with the band larger than life in High Def--
fuuuuuuuuck.
I was in a state of semi-shock.
Drooling, staring, hands shaking.
I keep wishing I had seen them play when they were here,
but then I remember that they were here on August 15, and I could not have used tickets even if I had them.
Next time.
I'll catch them next time...

I've been sorting through a book with freelance opportunities in it.
Good resource, poorly organized.
It has one section called "consumer magazines"
and guess what the next section is called?
"More consumer magazines"!!!!
What the FUCK????
So there are these two, giant sections alphabetized separately and that's as organized as it gets.
The index in the back has different categories, but the listings are scattered throughout the two alphabetized sections....
WHY didn't these weirdos just organize the book into the categories from the index???
Ok, maybe I am a little more annoyed about this than I should be.
My therapist did point out that I have some addictive personality traits and that an intense need for things to be organized according to my own logic is a part of taht.
DAMMIT.
There goes my assertion that I'm the only normal one around here!!
It was a pretty interesting revelation, actually.
I've always joked about being addicted to sugar/dessert/food-in-general,
but this was no joking matter.
But it sure is fun to joke about!!
I have been very lucky to avoid an alcohol addiction and I think this answers the question of whether or not I will get around to trying heroin or crack.
Ha.
Juuuuuust kidding.
I have always been curious about coke, but I would have never tried it, either.
I'm not STOOOOPID.
Sheesh.

I think I had more things to say...
Hmm...
My Mom will be here on Saturday from Maine.
I can't wait!
She will get passed around between my brothers and I for the first half of the week,
and then all of us will go to Mesquite, NV...don't ask me why.
One of the sisters-in-law reserved hotel rooms there, because she thought it might be close to Zion National Park...
Uh...
It's a good 90 minute drive each way, and Mesquite is already 4 or 5 hours from home.
Eh.
We'll live.
I think there is a good hiking/picnicing gorge right next to the hotel or something.
And there's always GAMBLING!!
Oh, wait.
I'm the only one of the group of 18 who would gamble.
Oh well...I'm not complaining...
(Sshhh! I'm complaining a LITTLE, but only to you guys....)
The point of all that is that I won't be around much next week, but what's new there??
I am the original Non-Blogger lately, so you'll hardly even notice.

I hope you all have a great day, and I plan to do the same.

|