Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, September 25, 2006

Good news/Bad news Combo Platter

Ok, so the good news?
I checked my Astronomy syllabus before choosing to skip class tomorrow.
The bad news?
I HAVE AN ASTRONOMY EXAM TOMORROW--
and I somehow managed to not be aware of it!!!
What the fuck??
Who forgets they have a test?
I am just damn glad I checked the syllabus.
So now, instead of a leisurely evening of starting a paper and reading some chapters of The Great Gatsby, and reading the chapter for Astronomy that I actually don't have to read because instead of learning about it in class tomorrow, we'll be TAKING A TEST that precedes it.
FAAACK.
I hate it when I'm stupid.
I really do.
I seem to be oozing stupidity all over the place lately.
It's a problem.
I should get it looked at.
I'm pretty sure my brain power eroded during those 5 years of stay-home-mommy time.
Either that or the twins sucked it out of me with their fangs while I slept.
Oh well.

One of my dearest friends is getting married on Saturday.
She just decided yesterday, and it's happening in Maine.
So.
I don't get to go.
Which is ok, but not optimal.
She doesn't really have anyone...and I would be there in a second if I could.
But my husband doesn't really agree with making emotional decisions,
and his list of "friends to die for" is non-existent, so he doesn't understand my need.
Oh well.
I pretty much knew it wasn't an option, and so did she, but I hoped.
I'm not going to wallow.
I'm just going to be excited for her, and send her an extra cool wedding present.
The last time she got married...
it was my 18th birthday.
And later that night, my boyfriend (yes the first love guy) showed up at my door.
Home on leave from one of the training thingies that first year of Marine Corps, and a complete surprise to me.
...he will be home from Iraq within 24 hours of when she weds this time.
Not here, not in Utah.
He lives somewhere else, far away from me.
I'm sure I won't see him again for a long ole time, if ever.
But.
When I realized that connection, I got a butterfly feeling in my center.
Connections, connections.

Wish me luck on my stoooooooopid test.
And...
tell me that having a degree means something.
Tell me that I should stick it out.
I'm so impatient, and unwilling to see the big picture.
Bah.

Happy Tuesday to you.
(I wrote this last night, but Blogger is all fucked up, and wouldn't publish it. Gah.)

|