Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm back on the Blog-Horse again, and it feels gooood....

Take that as dirtily as you'd like.
Perverts.

Aw...do you remember the good old days?
When I was a pervert?
Siiiiiiiiiiiigh........
Maybe I'll be a dirty old man again some day,
but for now I'm feeling as mild as a summer rain.

My bestest friend of all is graduating this week.
Dr. J!
I couldn't be prouder of her if she was my child!
And she's going to be a phenomenal professor.
Her mother and grandmother will be here for the graduation ceremony,
so that should be a hoot.
I'll be sure to share any good stories.

Meanwhile, I'm facing the onslaught of summer vacation without much courage.
It's going to be long
and hot
and...
hard.
To keep the house clean, that is!
ha.
Gotcha.
But at least we get to go to Maine,
and at least we have a private pool 2 blocks away.
And.
At least we can go camping up high in the cool mountains,
or burrow down in our cool basement with the Wii and the projector...
Ok, I'm beginning to relax.
I think if we pack away 98% of the kids' toys before then it will help.

No word from the paper, but it is finals week.
(did I mention they're getting a new editor for my section, so we all had to reapply?)
I imagine I’ll hear something at the end of this week or early next.
Either that or he won’t ever call and will lose the
Best
Writer
EVER.
Ha.
Just kidding...there are really some talented kids there.
I did make a mistake, though...
I didn’t include a cover letter, which the application said was "optional".
I was in a hurry to get it in way before the deadline, and with so much crazy shit going on, I sort of spaced that part.
Not to mention I was sort of thinking of the application process as a formality.
Bah.
But then when I was in the office filling out the application, attaching my writing samples, and the application said
"COVER
PAGE
OPTIONAL
In which you can tell us why you are qualified and
Stuff!!"
BAH.
I am considering just sending him an informal email with an apology for not including the cover letter and a few brief paragraphs on how much I loved the job and why I’m looking forward to working with him, etc, as well as letting him know that I have a review of Les Mis ready for the first issue if he wants it.
Such a suck up I am.
(but, as you may have heard, at least I am good at it!)

So tomorrow my car's registration will be expired.
Oops.
I sort of had it on my list for last week,
but I didn't get to it.
So tomorrow morning the windshield people are coming to my house to replace the glass.
Did I tell you about that?
There was a cold spell back in January and during that time I was at a friend's house very late.
When I got in my car I cranked the heat and that was a mistake...
a tiny rock chip spread from an invisible nick to an 18-inch crack!
A few nights later it grew even more, under the same conditions.
(no, I don't learn, but thanks for asking!)
It is low on the window, but it goes almost all the way across.
AND.
I have a tricky special windshield, with rain sensors, so I am
super
duper
extra
uber
glad I have windshield insurance.
I am slightly less exuberant about the cluster fuck of phone calls it took me to MAKE the damn claim, but it was worth it.
I do love my car, so!
I finally stopped having visions of making out with it every time I proclaim my love for it, but my heart still flutters every time I slide into the seat.
I'm easy to please, what can I say?
It's true, just ask my husband.
HA!!!

|