Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A day in the life a human tree....

Something about feeling ragged and sectioned off, inside.
I don't remember, but that's pretty close to how I feel.
Too many different parts of me doing too many different things.
I'm slipping away.
I'm going to disintegrate and all my pieces will flutter away on the wind.
I don't mean to sound as though something new is happening.
It's just the progression of my soul's growth.
It isn't growing in a linear fashion.
It's growing...like a tree, reaching, spreading out in all different directions--
reaching for the sky, the clouds, the sun, the stars.
I will sink my roots in as deeply as I can, but it's hard to divert energy from the upward growth.
I want to have strong enough branches for a tire swing,
and big enough leaves to offer shade to a flock of dreamers.

I guess I need to slow down.
Stop trying so hard to break my own heart.

I feel like I have figured out the answers but they're in another language.

|