Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm pretty sure I'm back....

but it sort of feels like I'm still gone.
Montana is still under my skin--
or under my fingernails, at least.
Brushing horses, falling in love with baby pigs, nearly hitting 17 different species from moose to elk to fox to human...
sitting in two different hot springs--
one natural and surrounded by great, jutting mountains
just as the sun broke through, after an afternoon of hiking in the rain,
and the other indoors, after a day of horses, and the second night of giant
perfect
juicy
orgasm-defying
burgers.
And there were cowboys
everywhere.
I don't particularly like cowboys, but there's something sexy about men who work hard.
There are too many things to fit onto a screen this size...
maybe I should hook my computer up to the projector, eh?
but, no...
still not enough room;
the bandwidth from my brain to the keyboard would not be enough.
The sheets on our beds had seahorses on the border--
identical to my tattoo.


THIS IS THE EDGE OF THE SHEET, NOT MY BODY!!!!
That was the promise of good things to come.
And I will never stop loving every second I spend with J.O. in this upside down world.
She is fascinating and familiar, at the same time.
She is in love.
Her horse is the most beautiful grey with black mane and tail...

Posted by Picasa
We went to the pasture where she is kept, and transported her to a different pasture, safer for hunting season.
The other horses in the pasture surrounded us,
sniffing our pockets, and loving my hair.

Posted by Picasa
They were crowding us and huffing at us and
frankly
it made me a little nervous.
Horses are rather LARGE, in case you hadn't noticed.
Heh.
I loved every second of it, actually.
Especially when that gorgeous bay gallopped out from a stand of trees and thundered up next to us.
Every.
Second.
We drove home through Yellowstone,
and there was snow.
It snowed for most of the morning, even in town, but my car kicked that road's ass.
That slippery
slopey
windy
cliffy
road.
At least we didn't go off the road mere feet from a herd of lazy-looking buffalo
like that big white and blue van.

Posted by Picasa
Poor kids.
I got a picture of the buffalo, and I'll get the pictures on here soon, I promise.
I have a couple from my phone, so they'll be appearing shortly.
There was a bluegrass band at the bar at the hot springs at Chico.
There was a cute old man who taught me how to play table shuffleboard there, too.
And a whole lot of people with hairstyles from the late 80s, but hey, who am I to judge?
It was just coooool to feel free of the rampant and rabid materialism of Utah.
It was most delicious, actually.
And that first night, the burgers and hand cut fries were so good that I almost decided to move to Livingston.
Then it snowed and I remembered that everything is 30 miles from everything else and I said
FUCK
THAT.
I can make my own damn burger.
I wish I could find a way to convey
the goodness
and perfection
and
.......
of that burger.
But, alas, it cannot be done.
There was so much talking that I'm surprised my voice works, or my head.
There was so much driving that my car will be as happy to be serviced on Wednesday as I am to be serviced tonight.
Ha.
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo
funny.
Mr. husband had a great time with the kiddos and will be happy to service me,
should I happen to be able to stay awake long enough to participate.

I am glad to be home, but not glad to be off vacation.
Ain't that just the way of it??
...sorry for the "ain't"....I've been in cowboy country!
Good night, sweethearts.

|