Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, October 16, 2006

It's not a tum-ah!

...but I don't know for sure.
I have been experiencing vertigo all weekend, and when I went to WebMD and checked the causes of vertigo, one of them was "brain tumor".
And wouldn't that just figure??
I've been blaming a brain tumor for all my spaciness over the past year and I really think I've talked myself into having one.
So I'll keep ya posted.
Actually, the vertigo seems to have passed (after 48 hours), and my husband just suggested that maybe his full-body scratching released my toxins, in much the same manner that a deep massage does.
We'll go with that for now.
I'm not entirely convinced the vertigo won't be back today, but as I said, we'll see.
And the scratching was divine.
We spent the weekend wrapped in bliss, repairing the ragged edges of too much travel and ebbing degrees of trust.
Not to rub it in, but I'm pretty sure I have the best husband on the planet.
Top 500 at least.
(what?? There are BILLIONS of people on the earth; I think top 500 is pretty amazing)

We are going to make breakfast, then go do some unpleasant errands and hit the gym before returning home to our respective offices to
get
shit
done.
So far, he's not travelling this week.
And maybe I can continue to feel more and more competent in my school/work life,
instead of constantly feeling like I'm drowning and failing and letting people down.
Ack.
No wonder I've been so stressed lately.

One month until Disney World.

Here's a little blip that came to me this morning,
prompting me to open my laptop and write it, which parlayed into blogging.

“It was a big man. A big, white man.”
Fire leapt to his eyes, and it seemed as though smoke should have puffed from his nostrils.
A snarl perched ready at the top of his throat, pushed out of him by a softly shouted, “Who?”
This word was repeated, like a thousand copies of the same book, stacked carefully higher and higher.
“Who?”
Each time it was spoken, it rose in volume, coming faster and faster until it reached a crescendo and tumbled down in a cascade of sobs, melting into her hair as he held her close.
“I didn’t save you. I didn’t protect you. I didn’t stop him.” Each sentence held the echo of a courtroom.
Her heart broke all over again feeling the weight of her brother's reaction and she wished she hadn't told him.
She knew he would find the man.
She knew their meeting would be loud and sharp and breaking.
She knew it wasn't her fault, but she still felt him slipping fast through her grasp on him.
She knew the big man had destroyed the tranquility of her life, and would puncture the bubble of safety that her brother had worked so hard to build around her.
She knew these things, without knowing the words.
She closed herself up and watched his broad shoulders recede.

Happy Monday, dears.
Sorry for the downer, but it felt good to write it.

|