Lucky, Lucky Star

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Breakfast at Epiphany's--

Yes, I had an epiphany today.
Not for breakfast, technically, but I couldn't pass up that dandy little phrase.

I am not sure it would even make sense to any of you, so I don't think I'll post it,
but let me assure you it was a long time coming.

I hate this whole business of trying to figure myself out.
I think it makes me all the crazier, trying to figure out why I'm crazy.
Ignorance IS bliss.
Or something.
Anyway, I am filled with calm, knowing that I just have to be myself.
I have to stop trying so hard to please other people...
Just be me, and be true to myself, and let the chips fall where they may.
...hopefully near a bowl of dip, but if not, I'm ok with that, too.
(if they're tortilla chips, make it guacamole, but if they're potato chips, I prefer my aunt's recipe of crab dip...)
Ahem.

Hubby is on his way home from dropping off our babysitter and then...
we're either going to have a long talk or sex.
Maybe both, but frankly, I ran out of words sometime last week.
And my body has not been cooperating with that whole sex thing for more than a few days of the past 3 weeks so I'm sure you can imagine which way I'm leaning.
Fortunately, I know my husband well enough to know that he is leaning the same way.

I have probably just gone and
entirely
overshared, but oh well.
That's Me.
And that's all I'm going to be from now on...
Unapologetically Lisa.

Feels good to wear That dress again.
Unapologetically Lisa.
...sounds like a great name for a band...or at least a song.
Wish me luck!

|