Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Happy Friday!

...oh.
It's not Friday, is it?
Well it feels like Friday to me!!
The sun is shining, the husband is STILL home, and I have a whole day to fill however I want.
And I'm working hard to forget the
Ultimate Food Fight Extravaganza
that was rained down upon my backyard last night.
Either that or my kids were prepping for teenagerhood...
18 cans of soda.
18 eggs (hey, I see a trend!)
and a giant clump of shredded cheese...
Lucky for me, Mr. husband was the one who discovered it--
and they will not soon forget the aftermath.
Dads are big.
Dads are loud.
Dads are NOT kidding around.
He made them clean it all up and then go to bed.
At 6:30.
I was sort of giggling in the background the whole time...
"It's not funny!"
I know, honey...but kinda...

Here's something I wrote in a notebook somewhere, once upon a time:

In the darkness you settle over me.
The thoughts of you are heavy, thick, but light as silk and soft as down.
Smooth, but real, with sharp edges in clear focus.
You separate me from my world, like a force field, shimmering around me, holding me close.
I want you to sink into me, to be absorbed by me, to be the part of me that I am missing.
I want to feel your heart beating inside my chest and hear your thoughts echoing down the ancient hallways of my mind.
You are with me, unbidden.
You are of me, uncreated.
You are near me, undetected.
You fill me, unsparingly.

Well, if it can't be Friday at least make it a good hump day.
and on Friday I'm getting my hair cut by the magical Mr. S.

|