Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Nothing to say/no time to say it

I feel like a million tiny responsibilities chip away at my day until there's no time left for living.
But then...
I remember that those million responsibilities are
Life.

My finger still hurts.
It's been two weeks since the mentally impaired nurse botched my blood draw and tweaked a nerve on the back of my hand, leading into the finger that won't stop hurting.
I think it may even have affected my Wii Bowling game...
I should sue.
It's America, after all, and I have made it 31.8 years without suing anyone.
I'm due.
To sue.
I should sue Sue.
But only if it's a boy.
Named Sue.
If I were him, I would sue!

I am attempting to replace dessert with masturbation.
I'll let ya know how that turns out.


Ha!


I guess I should go get ready for the gym.
I bet it's ready for ME!!

No, I'm not on drugs, you jackass.
But I am rather enjoying my newly reclaimed sense of authenticity.
And I registered for Fall classes yesterday;
including the first step toward English teaching.
I am 90-something percent sure that I will change to a teaching major before the summer's end.
It just seems like the wise decision, and I really think I would love it, but I just need to sit with it for a while and make sure it feels RIGHT.
Ya know?
I am certainly passionate about the English language, and about great literature and creativity.
Which doesn't mean I'll be great at standing in front of a class and holding their attention for more than 3 minutes.
Or challenging them.
Etc.

I am in the final stages of editing that infamous compilation of Bored Housewife fantasies/stories/poetry and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading through it to offer suggestions, etc?
Only if you have time and/or interest.
Just email me if you want to help out.
Whoever helps will get a free copy...

|