Lucky, Lucky Star

Monday, May 21, 2007

I am a piece of dry toast

I keep thinking of cool things to write while I'm away from my computer.
But, that doesn't do me any good.

We are reconsidering the Big Move.
More like considering postponing it until we're actually READY.
We are in love with the location, and would buy that house in a heartbeat if we didn't already have 2 houses...
We are both feeling a little overwhelmed by how much effort and luck it's going to take to make this happen in under 2 months.
It's just too bad we weren't already ready to look for a new houses when we found that one...
We are still going to go ahead with preparing both homes for sale,
and we are still going to put them both on the market, but...
I think we're going to allow ourselves to let go of the urgency.
If that is Our House, I believe we will still get it.
We were just getting too freaked out.

We watched Eragon last night.
I am kicking myself for not reading it first; I may still read it.
It was good.
Not amazing, unless you consider the age of its author.
But here's what struck me most about it:
the dragon and rider were like soul mates.
The egg would wait to hatch until a man with a good heart found it, and then it would hatch and be forever linked to this man, its rider--dying if its rider was killed.
I bet I would love the book.
It just reminded me of the time that I had a d-ragon.
And we would fly together, prevailing against evil.
Those were good times.
My d-ragon will always be linked to me, too.

I will get through this tough time because someobody told me I could.
I will try not to wallow, but I'll tell you a secret.
Promise not to tell?
I don't honestly know if I can do this.
I decided to be me again and to live my best life, but this was not part of my plan.
I still have other friends--other "best" friends, even--but I feel deflated.
I feel like this is symbolic and forecasts my future.
I will be unable to write from the heart in this state.
I am not yet convinced that it is worth it.
I am not yet convinced that I can live This Life.

Today's song is brought to you by little miss skater chick whose name is the french word for the 4th month of the year:
Avril Lavigne, "Keep Holding On"
I'm attempting to download it but it's not really working.
You definitely get what you pay for with free music download sites.
My computer is acting a little fucky lately, so that's half the problem.

Also, Blog Collector has updated its free software so that Beta Blogger will now work (supposedly) with their awesome system of downloading your whole blog and turning it into a pdf file.
(was I just redundant? I don't know what the "f" in "pdf" stands for, but if it's "file", then I offer my apologies)
Oh, that reminds me.
I bought a tree today and when I wrote out the check I mispelled "nursery" AND "hundred".
WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT???
I wrote "nurserey" and "hunderd"--then added another 'e', "hundered" and was still scratching my head.
I started over.
Pathetic.
Like I don't know how those are spelled???
Stupid fucking hand.
Hey, hand?
Write the goddamned correct letters, m'kay?
Thanks.
Oops...
I got distracted there, didn't I?
Blog Collector.
Download it.
It's awesome.
I'm having issues with that, too, but that's probably just because of the computer and it's fuckiness.

Have a swell day, kiddos.

|