Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Feeling like a lucky, lucky star!

...but not wanting to jinx myself.
Nothing for sure yet, but we are rolling forward with the House of Dreams,
and so far so good.

In other news--
I made lobster stew tonight to celebrate with my best friend, J.
We are both lobster junkies, having grown up in Rockland--
the Lobster Capital of the World (at some point, at least).
It was yummmy.
Not as good as my mom's.
But not too shabby for a first try.
I'll have to get my sister's take on it.
She's so fresh and blue-eyed.
So opposite of me in
every
possible
way.
It's a pretty groovy display of genetics, though, really.
Ok, so anyway.

Lots of fancy footwork coming right up--
1. selling two houses before someone else buys the one we want
2. finding new home for our renter, a.k.a. Hubby's Kooky Maternal Unit
3. not hyperventilating every time I think about the house.
I KNOW!!!
That last one's going to be the hardest of them all!!

Ok, well, so much for focusing on something other than my House of Dreams.
Did I mention the sunset?
I know I've said it before, but I take vast amounts of pleasure from the beauty of nature.
It sinks into me and restores my soul, the way sleep restores my body.
As much as I love this current house o' mine,
it has no views.
And when there is so much beauty all around (...when there's love at home!)
(sorry...got sucked into an LDS hymn for a second there)
it's hard to not be able to see any of it.

So.
Anyway...
This feels like heaven.
I'm sure I'll find plenty of things to gripe about, should I be lucky enough to move out there.
Not the least of which is going to be:
I can't find my own damn house!
The streets are rather windy (that's the adverb form of the "twist" meaning, not the meteorological term...why don't I just say "twisty"???).
Ok, starting over.
The streets are rather twisty-turny and finding one's way into and out of the neighborhood takes a 6-week class, culminating in a very tricky final exam.
Did I mention there's a golf course in the neighborhood?
And a beautiful Observatory?
(all the telescopers go kick it with the stars, yo.)
(don't ask me where that came from...I listened to some Eminem this morning, so I'll blame Marshall.)

Ok...I'm sure this is almost as nauseating as reading the blog of someone who is madly in love.
I will try to stop gushing.
I can't even totally decide how I feel about moving, on all the different levels that it can affect a person, because I'm so in love with this new neighborhood.
I can't imagine ever living anywhere else.
I just hope the stars align properly....
Anyone need a house in a Salt Lake suburb?

|