Lucky, Lucky Star

Friday, May 18, 2007

I had big plans today

but you know what they say about Mice and Men and over-sized farmhands.
Blood shed is inevitable.

I am frustrated that my carefully planned day has now amounted to nothing.
I am frustrated that part of that careful plan was to have lunch with 3 of my dearest friends, with whom I haven't spent much time lately.

It will be a great weekend, though.
I know it will.
I just hate this.

It doesn't help that yesterday I decided to trade my best friend for my marriage.
I'm like god damned Joan of Arc or something; such a martyr.
Don't pity me.
I don't deserve it.
I have come far in rediscovering myself over the past few months,
and I like where I'm heading.
But my heart is breaking today.
A friend who loves you enough to let you go is a rare bird indeed.

Fuck it.
I'm going to lunch with the girls.

***
Update: Lunch was just the medicine I needed.
I'm going to do a session with Sh.
I feel more peaceful just knowing that's on the horizon.
Here's the CD I burned:

Distant Sun-Crowded House
Time Won't Let Me Go-The Bravery
Read My Mind-The Killers
When You Come-Crowded House
Valerie-The Zutons
Tired and Bored-Garageland
Who Loves Who the Most-The Exponents
The Otherside-Breaks Co-ops
Sophia-Live
The River-Live

Some great musicianship and lyricism goin' on there.

|