Lucky, Lucky Star

Friday, May 25, 2007

Unwilling to Wallow

That's me!
Yay!
Down with wallowing!
I do, however, have a mean case of PMS.
I wondered why I was loathing the very existence of my pool and my kids and/or their desire to spend this entire day there.
I wondered why I was hungry again when I just finished lunch.
I wondered why I wanted to growl at my kids in response to every word they spoke.
And then I remembered.
My body and the moon both do this stupid thing where they move through phases and this particular phase is the grouch-before-the-storm phase.
It's funny, though, because I'm in a cheerful to average mood.
My thoughts are clear and fresh.
But there has been that inexplicable little edge all day.
I'm just glad I figured it out, because it was about to piss me off.

Last night I had a dream that my husband and I were riding on a bus and the bus was hijacked.
The assailants were of middle eastern origin, and kinda hot.
We had been watching X-Men 3 last night (oh dear GOD I love the X-Mens!) and one of the women was an actress who had played a middle eastern terrorist's mother on the last season of 24 that I watched...maybe the one before last?
Anyway.
That's what planted the seed.
So in the dream, one of the bad guys shot my husband--didn't kill him, just shot him.
It was pretty scary, just wondering what they would do to us, etc.
And then I started considering seducing one of them in order to get out of there alive.
Ha!!
That is SOOO me.

So the pool has officially opened again for the season, and it feels great!
They switched from normal style keys to little keycard thingies so I had to show ID and tell them which house I live in, etc, which is fine by me (except that I had to reload the already-wet kids into the car to go back for my license. grrr).

Hope you all have fabulous, long weekends!

|