Lucky, Lucky Star

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mother Nature is having mood swings...

It was in the 90s Sunday and Monday, but Tuesday looked bleak.
I woke last night to the sound of thunder (how far off, I sat and wondered)...
uh.
No, let's try that again.
I was not humming a song from 1962, and while I'll agree that it is funny how the night moves, I will not allow this post to be hijacked by a song that was not covered by Metallica.
Ahem.
So...
where was I?
Yeah...last night I went to bed late, but restless.
(which is different than being young and restless or having restless leg syndrome or ramsey-hunt syndrome or having a niece named Ramsey or...ahem.)
Well, fuck.
This is going nowhere at a rather fast clip, innit?
Ok, last night I went to bed late, but I was wide awake.
I thought about people I've loved and lost along the way (yes, that's probably another song lyric, but if we hold hands and run like mad, maybe we'll make it through this without any further interuptions...not counting this one...)
fuck.
As I tossed and turned, the lightening flashed through the top, decorative/unshuttered window and forced my eyes open.
There was deep, rumbly-wonderful thunder and I hoped for more lightening, but dozed off again before it arrived.
Today it's chilly and dark and wet.
Crazy weather patterns.
They're a little bit psychedelic...
I dreamed last night from A to Z...nah, more like A and Z.
But that doesn't really mean anything to anyone but me.
I dreamed of the apocolypse, slowly approaching, by way of the sea.

I am oddly calm but feeling unmoored.
Untethered, upside down.
I am drowning in indecision.
But my house is sparkling clean and I have been banished from my mother in law's (by my husband, who wants to see if she is willing to do what it takes to make her own crazy dreams come true instead of forcing other people to do illogical things to help her out...).
I need to hike to the Diamond Fork hot springs, that's what.
I talked about it a little while ago and we didn't do it.
I need it.

I'm sorry for the crappy posts lately.

|